“Sue Nami’s Swimming Journey”
Teaching Water Awareness And Swimming Fundamentals “OUTSIDE OF THE WATER”
Preventing drownings in America with an educational program early in a child’s life
About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger.
- 79% are newborns – age 4
- 68% are between ages 1 – 3 (Pre-Kindergarten)
- These children are pre-school aged
For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries, or brain injury. Drownings in this group tend to occur in bathtubs, toilets, and buckets, not in deep water.
Klein Swim Academy Vision
Our Vision and Goals
…is for every child to gain access to an educational program that promotes water awareness and begins their aquatic journey in the comfort of their classroom or home.
Your gift will directly support – Schools with Pre-Kindergarten programs and make available “Sue Nami’s Swimming” book and pre-swim activities and drills.
Our Learn to Swim Program – 8840 children served since 2010
- 3935 or 44.5% total children under 5 years old
- 1970 or 22.2% total children part of the Baby/Me parent participation swim class
- 4439 or 50.21% total children reached Level 5, swims freestyle and backstroke
- 2688 or 30.40 % total children receive scholarships
Sharing “Nami’s Journey”
“We Cannot Risk Delay A Child’s Swimming Journey”
Coach Ira & Coach Cindy Klein
- Co-Founders Klein Swim Academy, 501c3 non-profit
- Head Coach SRQ Tsunami Swim Team And Sarasota Swim Academy
We thank you for your kind words and support of our programs. Your support/dollars go to support children, families and programs teaching the importance of pre-swim, dry land conversations and swimming foundations
“There are too many children and families who are in geographic or climate challenged areas, that are not able to start regular swim class with trained swim instructors or coaches. Parents and Educators now have a tool to start the swimming conversation and start teaching the foundations of swimming. I’m excited to share “Nami’s” journey and project with everyone.” – Coach Cindy